Justin's Story and other rants...Enjoy :)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day one (Continued)

   So we are at the hospital and they just gave me a drug to help induce my labor. Hours go by, my labor is progressing rapidly now. Around 6 pm I start pushing, Justin's shoulders get stuck so I have about 5 nurses on top of me pushing on my belly while the midwife (Sarah) is pulling on his head. That lasted for what seemed like forever but was really only an minute. Finally, our new baby boy entered the world.


    Then we heard the dreaded words that no parent ever wants to hear....There is something wrong with your baby. Automatically I try to see him and scan every inch of him but I could not see him. I'm stuck on the birthing bed getting sewn up when the nurse finally hands him to me. I nurse him for 6 mins exactly before he's taken away to a different room so they can evaluate him. I had no clue as to what was going on...I was still thinking about his shoulders being stuck minutes before. Justin and I had no immediate bonding, I was not allowed to hold my newborn baby.


    To be continued....


      

No comments:

Post a Comment