Justin's Story and other rants...Enjoy :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home


Here is a little bit about our first few weeks at home...

So it's day 4 and we had just been released from Hershey. All these thoughts are racing around in my head. "How do I take care of my baby?" "What is Ichthyosis?" "Is he in pain?" " Is he itchy?" On the way home, I'm just a bundle of nerves...we had no idea this disorder even existed let alone to now have a child with it. We get home an I immediately took all his clothes off and wrapped him in a blanket, just diaper and blanket touching his skin. He was still losing the membrane from birth. He had big chunks of skin on his scalp, fingers, toes, and face. We were told to not peel anything BUT in the bath I would help the skin loosen from his fingers and toes. Oh that reminds me of his first bath...ha ha. We were so awkward with our "firsts" because we had no idea how his skin would react. Justin's first bath was horrible, he cried and cried, and cried until I just got in the tub with him. And that's how Justin took his first few baths, with mommy.

 This experience made me feel like a brand new mom, and in a way I guess I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment